Provide overall project management for the execution of a unit-based natural gas construction contract.
Work location is in Dayton, Ohio.
- Manage unit and time basis work order requests including receiving them from client work management system, adding them to the master schedule, and maintaining the master schedule with status of all work requests assigned.
- Develop and maintain work plan and crew schedules based on customer need date in the master work order schedule, manpower and material availability, and construction site readiness.
- Coordinate utility locates to support crew schedules.
- Coordinate with Material Manager for the proper preconstruction staging of work order materials.
- Manage/direct customer contacts as required to schedule access for construction crews to perform work.
- Regularly communicate crew assignment schedules and any changes with the appropriate General Foremen and the Area Manager.
- Perform field visits as needed during all phases of work order execution.
- Update all client reporting with regard to the work performed each week by communication with appropriate General Foreman.
- Work with Area Manager, General Foremen, and Safety Manager to continually reinforce proper safety culture.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- College degree or equivalent additional experience in construction management or related field.
- 3-5 years minimum work experience in management of gas and/or electric utility construction. Unit gas, electric, or joint contract experience is a plus.
- Efficiency in MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Strong verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
Description of physical working environment:
- Typical office environment. When in the office, regularly works from a sitting or standing position. Repetitive typing and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light lifting is common.
- Field environment is typically roadside with open excavations and at point of service for homeowners and businesses.